Monday, March 23, 2009

At Last, My love has come along....

.... I think Etta James may have known something when she sang those words.

I just had a good laugh reading the New Living Translation. In Genesis, God created Adam and Eve. After seeing Eve for the first time in Genesis 2:23 Adam says, "At Last!"

 It made me smile thinking of this lonely person roaming around the garden. Even after seeing all of God's creation and even getting the privilege of naming each creation alongside God, he still felt something missing. He knew in his heart that God was not finished yet. Isn't that amazing? He says, 
"This one is bone from my bone,
  and flesh from my flesh!"





People were meant to be this excited about the possibilities of God. They were meant to see someone else  come to know and recognize God and say, "at last!" We are meant to have relationships built on faith! 



3 comments:

Keith Hand said...

What do you mean by "relationships built on faith"?

Russ Hutto said...

The way I read it, she's saying relationships centered around faith?

CortniJ said...

Yep. Faith as in belief. Belief as in a belief in God and His word and a will to follow Jesus' example.